PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS COLLECTED
When you visit the Site, certain information is automatically collected about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site is collected. This automatically-collected information is referred to as “Device Information”.
Device Information is collected using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, certain information is collected from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. This information is referred to as “Order Information”.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
Order Information that is collected generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, this Order Information is used to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with the Site, provide you with information or advertising relating to different products or services offered.
Device Information that is collected is used to help screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize the Site (for example, by generating analytics about how customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information is shared with third parties to help use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, Shopify is used to power the online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. Google Analytics is used to help understand how customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, your Personal Information may be used to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information received, or to otherwise protect my rights.
As described above, your Personal Information is used to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications believed to be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/615366948510230
- Pinterest: https://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/personalization-and-data
- Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that I do not alter the Site’s data collection and use practices when there is a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information held about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact using the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, your information is processed in order to fulfill contracts you might have made through the Site (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, your Order Information will be maintained for You Beautiful Thing You's records unless and until you ask for your information to be deleted.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16.
For more information about privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact by e‑mail: firstname.lastname@example.org